Friday, March 11, 2011

Lent

No, I'm not Catholic...but some years I do give up something for lent.

This year as part of my "self control" theme I picked to "give up" two things. And hopefully it will "transform my world..." ;)

1 thing that's not BAD for me per say...and 1 thing is something I don't need at all.

Diet pop (or soda...lol) and candy. Candy = anything chocolate, or candy-like.

Diet pop is calorie free...but I know it's not healthy either. I've also heard it contributing to "bloating". I dunno if that's true or not...but figure I could stand to drink more water anyway. As for the candy...I tend to grab it in the evenings for NO reason. The kids have a candy bowl. I will grab things I don't even LIKE just to be munching on something. Stupid, pointless calories that my body doesn't need. Or my teeth for that matter! ;)

So...day three and we're on our way. Feeling good about "denying the flesh" of these things. I know it will only help me on my healthiness journey.

Had a nice loss today of -1.8. If only it wasn't just taking back what I gained last week....we'd have a winner. ;)

NEW GROUND THIS WEEK! I wanna make NEW GROUND.

Why is it I can seem to only do one part of healthiness or the other? Last week I did great with biking...but would munch on junk here and there...

This week? Eating fabulous...pumping water...and NO BIKING?

Man, if I could get those things together we'd be rockin', wouldn't we?

Happy Friday! Yay for a loss!!

No comments:

Post a Comment