Thursday, January 27, 2011

Fear not!

I am afraid.

I have a baby shower tonight to attend. You know what that entails...yummy food. Candies, cakes...punch...

Scary for someone with a. little self control and b. who has to weigh in tomorrow.

I know I can defeat this. I know I can eat before I go. I CAN. But it's still scary to put yourselves in situations you're unsure of so early in the game. Before you're resolve is fully built. It's a success for failure for the old me. But...this is a new day. I am strong. I choose to be strong. I WILL choose to make healthy choices daily. I will eat before I go. I will NOT eat sweets of any kind. I will drink WATER or diet pop at the shower. I can do this.

I had church last night...during worship service I just let the Lord fill me. I worshipped Him. I'm learning that I am going to HAVE to hold on to Him to do this. I prayed all the way to work...today is His. I am His. I am drawing near to Him and learning about me...the me HE created me to be. I am loved. I am cherished. I am worthy of good things. I am beautiful. I need to start living like I believe those things. Loving MYSELF the way He loves me.

I will not be afraid - because greater is He that is IN ME...than he that is in the world! (Or the cake...)

No comments:

Post a Comment