Friday, January 21, 2011

Testing will surely come...

Planning is something I admit, I stink at. I can plan for everyone else in my family...but not for myself. I set myself up for failure today at lunch.

Instead of my usual lunch run, I ran home to get some stuff together and clean up the house a bit while it was empty. This left me shaky and starving with nothing quick to grab in the house to eat. As I headed back to work I went back and forth in my head the healthy options I could pick up. All required me to actually GET OUT of my car and go get them. The one option I could "drive through"? McDonalds.

First mistake.

Looking at the menu and seeing the new fruit oatmeal they were serving (ALL DAY) which I think looks delicious..."try that!" the thin girl inside SCREAMED at me... The fat girl yelled back "but that's NOT ENOUGH to fill you up...you have a lonnnnng afternoon ahead". "But it LOOKS GOOD" screamed the thin girl! "Not enough FOOD!" fought the fat girl.

Fat girl won.

I ordered my old standby. Double cheeseburger, medium fry, diet coke.

I drove away starving and angry. WHY did I just do that? I grabbed a fry. It tasted gross. Plain. I opened the cheeseburger. Took a bite. Not even good. I'm feeling sick so I work on the burger and finish all but a few bites of the bun. I ate a few more fries (maybe 8 total) and threw it away.

Partial thin girl victory I suppose. But why did I even do it? Because I didn't prepare. Because I let myself get to the shaking, starving place. I can't think straight when I'm there.

Now I'm left still partially hungry because I threw the food away out of guilt (good move). I have healthier options here I can snack on.

I have to do better. I will do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment