Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Words

In a devotion I read recently...she talked about our words. We have the power of life and death through our words. It's a biblical truth.

Check it...

Proverbs 18:21 (New International Version, ©2010)


 21 The tongue has the power of life and death,
   and those who love it will eat its fruit.

Or the "down to earth" version I prefer...

Proverbs 18:21 (The Message)


 21 Words kill, words give life;
   they're either poison or fruit—you choose.

Wow. I think of all the times I doubt myself. And I speak it.

"I'll NEVER be thin!"
"I suck!"
"I'm a nutjob!"
"I can't get up on time!"
"I'll never accomplish this...or that..."

I'm poisoning my life. I have the power - through the Lord to do whatever I want to do.

To quote the Word again...

I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Powerful. Insightful. Motivating!

I'm going to do this. One day at a time. One step at time. One decision at a time. One BITE at a time.

I will be healthy. There's so much more to life than wallowing in feelings of failure and defeat. I intend to start living fully.

Starting now.

No comments:

Post a Comment